Android SSL Error

• I'm in trial testing ENT version 3.1.8 hosted in cloud on AWS Ubuntu 16.04 using a cloud controller on the same AWS instance. I have secure certs configured on both Nginx server and Java Unifi server. All seems to work well as far as redirect when using Win 7, Win 10 and other OSs. There seems to be a problem specifically when using an Android OS device where Google.com is the initial landing page. When redirect occurs I get a certificate error as follows: "Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.com(for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID" There is no redirect for the guest to Spotipo for submission of email in this situation, and no matter how many times you refresh, the browser remains on this error warning page. The curious thing is, if the initial page the guest tries to access is Yahoo.com or anything else, the redirect to Spotipo works fine. Any ideas as to what is happening here or how to remedy this situation prior to going live with Spotipo?

• @Joe-Arc, unfortunately, it's not possible to redirect HTTPS pages to splash portal without SSL errors.

My guess is that android has https://google.com as the main page, not http://google.com

The later one can be redirected but the former one can't

Usually you should hit the captive portal popup first, which avoids all these issues. Is it not coming? Could you try to remove the network from your device and restart? It usually helps.

• Hello Rakesh,

Thanks for your reply. When you say to "remove the network from your device and restart." Are you saying to disconnect the Android device from the network and then restart the phone, then reconnect to the Unifi wireless network?

Thanks for your great support!

Best Regards,

Joe

• Hi Joe,
    It means you have to click on "Forget" for the specific network on your android device's wifi settings.

});